APPLICATION OF THIS STATEMENT
Ansell Limited (“Ansell”, “we”, “our, “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy when you interact with us or use our products and services.
The purpose of this policy is to explain:
• The application of this policy
• The kinds of information we may collect about you, how we collect it and how we use it
• How we may disclose information we hold about you
• How you can access the information we hold about you
• How you can update your information
• The security of your personal information
• Online (website) security
• Children’s privacy
• How to contact us
YOUR ACKNOLWEDGEMENT OF OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
By using this website, or when you otherwise interact with us and use our services, you acknowledge that you’ve read and understood this privacy statement. This statement does not create any further rights for you or obligations on us beyond those set out in the Privacy Act. If there is any inconsistency between this statement and the Privacy Act, this statement shall be read to be consistent with and give effect to the Act.
Our website contains links to non-Ansell websites. Ansell is not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites and recommends you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
THE KIND OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOLD
‘Personal information’ is information we hold about you from which your identity is either clear or can be reasonably determined.
Generally, we will collect personal information directly from you and only to the extent necessary to provide the product or service you requested or for our business-related functions and activities including internal administrative operations.
Depending on the circumstances, we may collect and hold a range of different types of information about you. This could include your name and contact details including address, email address, phone number or mobile telephone number. It may also include certain demographic data such as your date of birth and business information such as your occupation and how you use our products and services. Sometimes we may also collect some financial information such as credit card or bank account numbers when processing payments.
You might need to provide personal information about other individuals (e.g. about your authorised representatives). If so, we expect you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to us and to advise them of this statement.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect personal information directly from you (either in hard copy or electronically) when you:
• fill in an application form or agreement for one of our products or services;
• enter a competition,
• fill in a request form for a newsletter subscription or electronic mailing list;
• purchase a product or require a service from us;
• request a sample from us;
• deal with us over the telephone;
• email us;
• create an account with us; or you
• ask us to contact you after visiting our website or attending a trade show or other event.
We may also collect your personal information from third parties in a number of ways, including:
• From our related entities, business partners, credit reporting bodies, your authorised representatives;
• From social media websites and mobile platforms;
• From third party list providers;
• From publicly available sources of information;
• From records of how you use our products and services;
• From the third parties we list in the section of this statement with the heading ‘when we disclose your information’.
We will only collect your information by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
If you choose not to provide certain information about yourself, you should be aware that we may not be able to provide you with the services you need or the quality of service we would otherwise ensure you receive.
We may also collect information from you passively online. Please refer to the heading ‘Online security and privacy’.
ONLINE SECURITY AND PRIVACY
In order to properly maintain this website, Ansell (like all major sites on the Internet) passively tracks navigational information, for example through use of session cookies. This information tells us about the number and frequency of visitors to our website but it does not tell us the identity of those visitors. Therefore, we do not use these technologies to collect or store personal information.
This information helps us improve our service by understanding what our customers use and don’t use. It also helps us identify if there are problems with our service that require fixing.
Generally, we do not require you to provide personally identifiable information to visit and use our website. However, in order to participate in some activities such as online promotions or to access specific sections of our websites, you will need to provide us with particular information. We may ask during those processes for additional information not required to complete your request. Optional information will be noted at the specific area. If you decide not to provide us with the required information, we may be unable to process your request or provide the full range of services available through this website. For example, if you decide not to provide us with your contact information when registering for an online promotion, we will be unable to notify you of subsequent promotional information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the personal information you provide only for purposes consistent with the reason you provided it, or for a directly related purpose. We may also use your personal information where required or permitted by law. We may also use your personal information where you have provided us with your express or implied consent.
We may use your information for a range of difference purposes, including:
• the information you provide to respond to your request (enter you in or notify you about a promotional campaign, for example);
• to notify you of new features, products or services;
• to customise your experience on this website, to improve our products and services;
• to send you surveys or questionnaires, and for other specific business purposes; and
• to monitor network use, quality and performance, and to operate, maintain, develop, test and upgrade our systems and infrastructure.
In order to provide you with this website, and with our products and services, we may share your information with our agents or partners. For example, when hosting promotions we often work with promotion companies with whom we share your information. These companies collect your information on our behalf, share the information with us, and also retain that information for their own purposes. In addition to sharing your information with our partners and agents, we may also share your information with certain select vendors whose products or services we believe you may find of interest. We may also provide aggregated information about our users to third parties. If you do not want us to share your personally identifiable information with unrelated third parties, you may notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use the information we track during your visit to our websites (such as IP addresses and browser type) to administer the websites, to provide you with the product or service you requested, as well as creating better information, products and services by analysing trends. For example, we use this information to determine which areas of this website are more popular, to determine fluctuation of visitor numbers from week to week, to diagnose problems with our server, and to improve your web experience by determining the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting to this website.
WHEN WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your information to third parties who provide services to us, including organisations, agencies and contractors that assist us with the purposes for which we use your information. These services include:
• Marketing activities and promotions;
• Warehousing and logistics services;
• Mailing operations;
• Information technology and network services; and
• Market research.
We may also disclose your information to:
• Your authorised representatives or advisers, or when you ask us to do so;
• Our related entities and business partners;
• To law enforcement and national security agencies and other government and regulatory authorities as required or authorised by law;
• To third parties who assist us to manage or develop our business and corporate strategies and functions including our corporate risk or funding functions; and
• For the purposes of facilitating or implementing a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business.
In some cases, we may disclose your information to organisations based outside Australia. For example, we may disclose your information to our service providers in the United States, Belgium, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, China and Singapore. We will only do so in compliance with all applicable Australian data protection and privacy laws. Ansell will take reasonable steps to protect personal information no matter what country it is stored in or transferred to and has procedures in place and agreements with service providers to help ensure this.
We may use the personal information we collect from you to identify particular Ansell products, services and promotions which we believe may be of interest to you. We may contact you to let you know about these products, services or promotions and how they may benefit you. We will generally only do this with your prior consent (where practical) and we will always give you a choice to opt out of receiving such information in future.
Direct marketing from Ansell will generally take the form of electronic marketing via email. Where we use your personal information to send you marketing information by e-mail or other electronic means, we may do so with your express or implied consent. You may give us your express consent by, for example, ticking a box on an electronic or paper form where we seek your permission to send you electronic or other marketing information. Consent may also be implied from our existing business relationship or where you have a reasonable expectation of receiving an electronic marketing communication. By not ticking a clearly displayed ‘opt out’ box, we will assume we have your implied consent to receive similar marketing communications in the future.
Where we use your personal information to send you marketing information via the post we may do so with your implied consent or, if this is impracticable, we will ensure that you are provided with an opportunity to opt out of receiving future such communications. By not ticking a clearly displayed "opt out" box, we will assume we have your implied consent to receive similar marketing communications in the future.
We will always ensure that our-opt out notices are clear, noticeable and easy to take up.
Every directly addressed marketing communication made or sent by us will include a means by which you can unsubscribe or opt out of receiving further marketing information.
HOW WE HOLD YOUR INFORMATION
We may store your information in hard copy or electronic format.
In hard copy we may store your information in our offices or storage facilities that we own and operate ourselves, or that are owned and operated by our service providers. We take all reasonable steps to maintain the security of your information and to protect it from unauthorised disclosures.
In electronic format we hold your information in databases with limited and password protected access.
HOW TO ACCESS OR CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Please contact us using the contact details below if:
• you wish to access any of your personal information that we hold;
• you wish to correct or delete any errors in the information we hold;
• you wish to opt out of receiving our newsletter or marketing and/or promotional material from us. Alternatively, you can click ‘unsubscribe’ from an email communication or reply to any email communication with ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject line;
• you do not wish for us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties.
To protect your privacy, we will only respond to e-mail messages sent from the e-mail account you originally provided to us. Should you elect to have your information deleted, we will also remove your information from our active databases.
You should review this privacy notice carefully, because if you do not agree with our practices, your ultimate choice is not to interact with us or use this website. Remember, by using any part of this website, you accept and agree to our privacy practices. If we update this privacy notice, your continued use of this website (following the posting of the revised notice) means that you accept and agree to the terms of the revised privacy notice.
HOW ANSELL PROTECTS YOUR INFORMATION / INFORMATION SECURITY
Ansell will take all reasonable and practicable steps to ensure that your personal information is properly protected from misuse or loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We employ appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures to protect personal information from unauthorised disclosure, loss, misuse or alteration. In addition to technical measures such as firewalls, we have also implemented procedural protection measures such as restricting physical access to your information in our offices, securing that information behind locked cupboards and training and disciplining employees who fail to follow our company's privacy policies.
We limit access to personal information to individuals with a business need consistent with the reason the information was provided. We keep personal information only for as long as it is required for business purposes or by the law. Once personal information held is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected it will be de-identified or destroyed securely.
Although we take steps to maintain the security of your information, Ansell cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online products or services, and users do so at their own risk. Once Ansell receives any of your personal information, Ansell will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. You should be aware of the many information security risks that exist today and take appropriate care to help safeguard your information.
WHAT ANSELL DOES ABOUT CHILDREN
This website is not intended for, nor do we believe it is appealing to, children under the age of 13. Ansell does not knowingly solicit or collect information from children under the age of 13. If Ansell learns that it has been provided with information from someone under 13, Ansell will destroy that information. We encourage parents to take an active role in ensuring that their children do not send information about themselves anywhere on the Internet unknowingly, and suggest that they use software tools or online services to ensure a safe Internet experience for their children.
REPORTING A COMPLAINT
If you think that we have not complied with our privacy obligations you may report a complaint to the contact details below.
In the event that you report a privacy breach to us, we will:
• Acknowledge your complaint in writing as soon as practicable or within 7 days;
• Promptly identify and secure the breach to prevent any further breaches;
• Notify appropriate authorities where criminal activity is suspected;
• Assess the nature and severity of the breach including the type of personal information involved and the risk of harm to affected individuals;
• Notify the affected individuals directly if appropriate and where possible;
• Endeavour to investigate and resolve your complaint within 30 days of receiving it. If we need more time, we will notify you.
• Notify the Privacy Commissioner (at the OAIC) if the breach is significant.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint you can refer your complaint to the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT ANSELL
Any questions or issues can always be addressed to Ansell at:
678 Victoria Street
Richmond, Victoria 3121
Tel: + 61 3 9270 7270